New VoIP Telephone System With 1 Telephone
The entrepreneurial world is today is influenced by the advances of the web, particularly the new mode of telephone system that uses the Internet telecommunications protocol. VoIP is easy to use and offers convenient features for small businesses. A New VoIP telephone system with 1 telephone can benefit from all the features VoIP has to offer
VoIP (voice over IP) telephone system is a mode of telephone communication that works with the digitization of voice and routing through a broadband internet connection. VoIP was created a few years ago, and the system is now on the way to overtaking the traditional telephone system market. This is mainly due to the many advantages, especially for small businesses (12 Powerful Business Benefits of VoIP (Don’t Miss This), n.d.).
What are the Advantages of VoIP Telephone System for Your Small Business?
The following are the benefits of a VoIP telephone system for your small business:
- Easy Installation and Configuration
VoIP telephone system does not require a complicated installation. Anyone with minimal computer literacy can do the installation and configuration. It is simple and economical to add new users with hosted VoIP software, move around, add, or change the system configuration. It is therefore no longer even necessary to install VoIP hardware or software. IP telephones are sufficient.
- Reduced Costs
Companies that adopt this type of telephone system make a good investment since it allows them to make significant savings in their daily communication budget. Budget reductions are made at all levels: the price of calls, the costs of physical changes to the system, maintenance costs, installation costs, repair costs, etc.
About the budget mobilized by a traditional telephone system, VoIP is much less expensive for small businesses. In addition, it does not require additional equipment or cabling, the only prerequisite being the presence of an internet network with the connection that goes with it.
VoIP is ideally suited to companies with several premises scattered in various geographical locations since communications between all employees become free.
In addition, long-distance calls no longer weigh on the company’s telephone bill since the cost is the same for national and international calls. Today, more and more companies offer services in the VoIP market. This also leads to downward pressure on the prices of telephones, a boon for companies thinking of turning to this technology.
- Easy Management
Companies need to keep up with technological developments to meet the demands of their customers. VoIP is one of those systems that meet these challenges because it is a flexible technology that adapts to specific business needs.
The management of this telephone system is also very simple: it is easy to install additional lines or reassign and remove them when necessary. All this would be particularly expensive and complicated with a traditional telephone system which requires a detailed estimate of the telephone needs to avoid unnecessary expenses.
- Improved Flexibility
A converter is sent to you to allow a “normal” phone to work with VoIP phone service when choosing a VoIP phone service provider for your small business. Thus, the phone number is programmed into the converter, and everything can be used on the move, on the sole condition of having access to a good internet connection.
Since the phone number is based on the converter and not in a fixed location, it is possible to choose any area code for the phone number. Moreover, some carriers allow you to have more than one phone number in different area codes for a small surcharge.
- Centralized Communication
With a VoIP telephone system, it is possible to centralize all data and communication tools on the same network. Likewise, communication tools can be grouped on a single platform. Thus, the company benefits from a unified communication interface that optimizes the communication tools.
VoIP offers many features that simplify business life. (‘40+ VoIP Features & Benefits for Your Small Business’, 2019)
- Call forwarding – Your important calls will not go unanswered. It allows your small business to address customer issues regardless of your teams’ location. You can route calls received through your official contact lines. This allows you to stay in touch with clients.
- Call routing- This feature allows your company to systemize how to direct incoming phone calls. You can route incoming calls depending on the type of customer, issue ownership, staff availability, and agent performance.
- Voicemail- Ideal for situations where you can’t pick a call. Callers can leave a voicemail. This will make them feel they have not wasted their precious time contacting you. You also have the opportunity to respond to and address different queries. With this option, callers will leave a short audio message. The system will then notify your agents when there is a new message.
- Greeting messages- Warmth and courtesy is vital for your business. You can add custom greeting messages for your company, which is essential when starting conversations with clients. Make them feel loved and appreciated.
- Number porting- This feature allows your business to keep existing phone numbers and port them to the new VoIP system for your business. It reduces the hassle of alerting your clients you have a new number.
- Call recording and rating- With VoIP, you can easily record phone calls. This allows you to set and improve quality standards, improve revenue generation, enhance staff training and coaching, and boost customer retention.
- Full service and ongoing backup- Downtime are common and can affect your business, especially during power outages and when there is a poor internet connection. With VoIP, you have several backup options and will also stay in service during such instances.
- Instant messaging- Most customers prefer using messaging apps to making phone calls. These systems have instant messaging capabilities. It is ideal for customers who prefer other options rather than calls and emails.
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response) – With this feature, callers can interact with your company’s voice menu in real-time. They can select options by pressing digits on their mobile device and speaking verbally to sort out their concerns.
All of the company’s peripherals and devices are brought together on a single IP network and the same protocol, making it possible to manage and monitor the quality of the IT and telecommunications equipment more efficiently.
If now you are convinced of the usefulness of a VoIP telephone system for your small business, it is necessary to ask yourself the right questions before you start. It is advisable to install VoIP as soon as the company is created or renew or renovate IT infrastructures.
Switching to a VoIP telephone system requires the cancellation of the traditional telephone system subscription. Therefore, you must plan for termination fees and do not forget to calculate the return on investment according to the size of the company, its telephone use, and all the expected features.
It is also necessary to calculate the purchase price of the new IP telephones in the total budget to be mobilized. You should choose the right VoIP service to have an easy time staying in touch with your clients (How to Choose the Best Business VoIP Provider in 2021 (Compared), 2019).
F.A.Q’s : VoIP Telephone Systems
Can I keep my existing telephone number if I change to VoIP?
Yes, via a system known as number porting you can transfer your existing landline telephone number to a voip system
What do I need to install a VoIP telephone system?
To install a VoIP telephone system an IP telephone handset and a broadband connection are required. You will also need a VoIP service provider who can provison the IP telephone handset with your required call routing and configeration dialing plan. Lascom Solutions offers, without obligation a free consultation
How much will a VoIP telephone system cost?
You can purchase a single VoIP telephone handset for less than £45 +vat. You will also need a system user licence which covers system configeration, any future changes and full ongoing support @ £8.50 m/o +vat
For more information and a FREE without obligation consultation contact us today lascom Solutions